7 11 2014
The apps which are built using declarative languages (through just configuration instead of coding) may show limitations when used to support complex business rules, logic or processes. Decision Rule is a very powerful component with highly flexible programming structure, which can be used to build mighty rule logic.
A Decision Rule object has 5 basic components as
1. Condition: Condition will return “Yes” or “No” when executed. It is one of the basic components of rules.
2. PreCondition-ActionSet: These are set of actions which should be executed before checking the condition
3. PostCondition-ActionSet : These are sets of actions which should be executed after checking the condition. Action sets execution does not depends on the results of the condition.
4. Success-Action Set: If the condition result is success then these Action sets will be executed.
5. Failure-Action Set: if the condition result is a failure then these Action sets will be executed
Collection of rules is known as ruleset. Rules are inheritable. So it provides you the option of extensive reusability of rules. It helps to increase the productivity of the developers. Rules are used for executing complex tasks as it is a powerful component. When a rule is supposed to be executed by apps, the rules engines read the contents of the Apps and create its own environment to execute the particular business rule. By creating simple actions, you can create a mighty rule that can do multiple functionalities.